This is probably one of my favorite dishes to order at our local Chinese restaurant. I know that this is not ‘traditional’ Chinese food however the version they do is seriously amazing. It’s the combination of sesame oil and curry powder that makes this a tasty dish.
You can mix this up and add more veggies if you like or add tofu or any soy mock meats if you are into that but personally I love it just with the noodles and veggies.
This is also really delicious served cold the next day.
If you give it a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #Shane&Adele on Instagram.
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp. tamari
- 1 tsp. coconut sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 packet of thin rice noodles
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 2 carrots julienned
- 2 zucchini julienned
- 2 cups of snow peas (sliced)
- 1 packet of bean shoots
- spring onions
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Cook rice noodles as per packet instructions- bring a kettle to the boil. In a large bowl, add rice noodles and cover with boiling water for 10mins.
- Prepare sauce by adding all ingredients into a small mixing bowl and stirring to combine.
- Pre heat a fry pan on medium heat.
- Slice onion, carrots, zucchini, snow peas and bean shoots.
- Add 1 tsp. filtered water and stir fry vegetables for 2 mins.
- Pour sauce over the top and cook for a further 3mins until flavors are well combined.
- Once noodles are cooked, strain and return to the large bowl.
- Transfer vegetables and sauce into the noodle bowl and toss through.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and spring onion