This used to be my favourite dressing Shane used to make at his cafés. There is nothing savoury that this doesn’t go with (seriously I’ve tried almost every food paired with this and it’s all amazing!)
There’s something quite magic about something fresh and zingy that’s still rich and creamy, and this raita ticks all the boxes. Raita is similar to tzatziki but in my opinion, even tastier.
- ½ red onion
- 1 Lebanese cucumber (seeds removed)
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- 1 cup of cashews (soaked 8 hrs)
- 4 cloves of Australian garlic
- Juice 1 lemon
- ½ cup of water
- 1 tbsp, savoury yeast flakes
- 1 tbps. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Dice cucumber, red onion and mint (5sec, speed 5) transfer to a separate bowl.
In a high powered blender add cashews, garlic, water, lemon juice, savory yeast, salt and pepper and process on high until smooth (60sec, speed 10)
- Add cucumber, red onion and mint to cashew mix and mix on medium speed until combined (15sec, speed 4)
This dressing keeps in the fridge for about 7 days.
Soaked (activated) cashews work best as they create a smoother texture. Ideally activate for 8hrs.