This vegan Pad Thai is super delish and WAY better than takeout! The best part about making this yourself instead of ordering in is you can add whatever veggies you like and as much as you like too! I’m sure we’ve all been there-super excited for our Thai takeaway, you order it and take it home (or UberEat’s it) and it arrives only to be a pathetic bowl of rice noodles, a few scrappy veggies and some soggy bean shoots. The pain is real.
Well our version will not only taste like a heavenly tangy peanut Pad Thai, it’s also loaded with all the good stuff. We also like to use kelp noodles because 1- they are the bomb and 2- they are really healthy- they are full of vitamins and minerals- magnesium, calcium, zinc and iron.
This peanut sauce is really versatile too, you could use this a base to any stirfry or even a dipping sauce for spring rolls or rice paper rolls.
If you give it a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #Shane&Adele on Instagram.
- 1 brown onion (shredded)
- 1 packet tofu (diced)
- 1 carrot (Julienned)
- 1 ½ cups of sugar snaps (shredded)
- 2 cups of bean shoots
- 1 packet of kelp noodles
- 2 spring onions
- ½ cup of peanuts
- ¾ cup of peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups of coconut milk
- 2 tbs. tamari
- 1 tbs. sriracha
- ½ tbs. maple syrup
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbs. apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Heat coconut oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add tofu and onion and fry up until crispy.
- Add carrot, bean shoots and sugar snaps.
- Cook noodles as per instructions and add into fry pan.
- Make sauce by adding all ingredients into a high speed blender ( 30 sec, speed 10)
- Pour sauce over noodles and veggies
- Garnish with spring onions and peanuts