Nectarines are so delicious when they are grilled and thrown into a zesty fresh salad. We use the coconut aminos to give them a tasty umami flavor and the apple cider vinegar to give it a tang. You can omit the chilli if your not big on spice. In this dish we just use allspice as it gives a nice balance of earth warming flavours.
Instead of using lettuce as a base, we opt to serve this nectarine salad with fresh mint, lemon balm and cucumber ribbons. Which just gives a beautiful freshness. If there’s one herb I’d encourage you to grow- it’s mint. The freshness it adds to dishes
If you give it a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #Shane&Adele on Instagram.
- 5 nectarines
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- ½ tsp. chili flakes
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- ½ tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tbsp. coconut aminos
- ½ cup of mint
- 2 lebanesse cucumbers (ribbons)
- 1 tbsp. lemon balm
- Pre heat a large fry pan on high heat.
- Cut peaches into wedges and in a large mixing bowl add coconut sugar, chilli flakes, allspice, apple cider vinegar and coconut aminos. Mix through and transfer into fry pan. Its important to have the heat high and toss regularly to prevent burning or stewing of then necatrines.
- Slice cucmber into ribbons, I just used a vegetable peeler.
- Prepare mint and add to cucumbers.
- Once nectarines are cooked through, transfer back into a mixing bowl to allow to cool.
- Once nectarines are cool, transfer to the salad and give it a gentle toss through.