This is our go to dish for a mid week meal. Mainly because we love mushrooms and ramen noodles but also because it’s easy to prepare, tasty and nutritious.
Mushrooms pack a big dose of protein, potassium and selenium. We like to buy our mushrooms fresh from our local Asian grocer.
If you give it a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #Shane&Adele on Instagram.
- 1 packet ramen noodles
- 200g mushrooms (field or shitake)
- 1 brown onion
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp. tamari
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch bok choy
- Garnish with long red chili
- Pre heat a large fry pan on high heat with a small amount of filtered water.
- Boil a kettle, and then cover ramen noodles with boiling water and cook as per packet instructions.
- Dice onion, slice mushrooms and add to pan. Stir until golden brown and add garlic, tamari, coconut aminos, sesame seeds, salt and pepper.
- Slice bok choy into bite sized piece and add to the pan. Cook through for 2mins.
- Drain ramen noodles and add to fry pan. Cook for a further 3-4 mins until heated then serve with sliced red chili