Cherry Ripe chocolate bars are Australia’s oldest chocolate bar. They are a combination of cherries and coconut coated in milk chocolate. Delicious- yes, healthy and vegan- not so much.
What I’ve done is create this delicious chocolate bar into a healthy smoothie that’s so good for you that you could have for breakfast.
Sweet cherries also contain a small amount of quercetin, which is among the most potent in terms of antioxidant activity and a wide range of other health-promoting properties. Sweet cherries contain fibre, vitamin C, carotenoids, and anthocyanins, each of which may help play a role in cancer prevention.
Pair the sweet cherries with the rich cacao and the nutty coconut and you have a winning flavour combo.
If you give it a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #Shane&Adele on Instagram.
- 2 cups of cherries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp. cacao
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup of ice
- Add all ingredietns into a high powered blender
- Process for about 60sec or until smooth (60sec, speed 10) and transfer into a glass
- Top with Chocolate goodies (we used choc almonds or you could use cacao nibs) and coconut shards