Acai (pronounced ah-sigh-ee) has become one of the trendiest superfoods. Apart from been ‘cool’ acai has lots of health benefits Like other berries, açaí are packed with antioxidants that can help build up your immune system and protect your cells against damage from free radicals.
I find acai is quite a good neutral base for smoothies because it doesn’t have a super sweet taste like other berries so it pairs beautifully with frozen banana and I add coconut water to hydrate and apple juice for a touch of sweetness.
Jazz it up with fresh fruit, museili, granola, nuts and seeds.
If you give it a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #Shane&Adele on Instagram.
- 2 packets of Amazonian acai
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 cup of coconut water
- 1 cup of orange or apple juice (pure)
- Add all ingredients into a high-powered blender.
- Process for about 60sec or until smooth and pour into a bowl.
- Top with fresh fruit, granola, nuts and seeds- we used banana, buckwheat, chia, coconut and strawberries.